To re-enable the desktop and the screensaver tab in windows Xp do the following:
- Go to start > run > gpedit.msc
- This opens the group policy editor.
- Now go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Display
- Now in the display node, on the right side right click the Hide Desktop Tab and then select properties and then set it to disabled. This will show the desktop tab in display properties.
- Similarly, set the Hide Screen Saver Tab to disabled to show the screensaver tab in the display properties.