Display a message or note at Startup in Windows 7 and earlier Versions
If you want a message to be displayed to the user every time they login to windows, you can do it easily by following the below simple registry trick. Super easy.
A pop up message will appear every time while logging in.
Here is how you do it:
· Open the registry Editor. (Press, Win +R and type “regedit”).
· Navigate to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
· In the Right Side pane open LegalNoticeCaption. In the value text box, enter the text which you want as the title which will be shown in the Title bar of the Pop Up.
· Next open LegalNoticeText and in the value textbox enter the message to be shown in the pop up. Note that the message will be shown with the title and the message which you typed in the values of the two registry keys every time windows Boots.
· Restart windows for changes to take effect.